18 Dec Should You Buy a New or Used Truck?
When planning to buy your first truck or add to your existing truck, you are faced with a lot of choices to make. One of those is whether you should buy a new or used truck. There are certain factors that determine the choice you choose and there are also some features that you should be cautious about when making the choice. Either way, each of the choices has its own pros and cons and it’s up to you to weigh the options in order to come with the most suitable choice. To help you with your decision-making process, we are going to look at the advantages and advantages of the two options.
Benefits of Purchasing a Brand New Truck
Many buyers who prefer new trucks over used ones feel that the former have an intoxicating smell which they would never get from used cars. However, new trucks offer more advantages than just that.
- You can get a truck with the latest modification- when buying a truck, you have a clear mental picture of how you want it to look like. All you need to do is give the detail to the dealer and he will find you a truck whose interior and exterior matches your expectations.
- It hasn’t been used- this is a no-brainer, a brand new truck has no history of accidents, has no foul smell or ugly dents. Being its first driver, you will be the first person to write the driving history of your truck.
- Comes with a free warranty- although you can get a warranty for a used truck, you will have to pay for it, a case which is different when you buy a brand new truck. You will get a full warranty without paying any extra cash.
- You get the latest gizmos- a new truck will be fitted with the latest tech such as navigation and multimedia interfaces.
- More fuel efficiency- latest truck models feature fuel-efficient engines, unlike the old ones which are considered gas guzzlers. In addition, the engines are more precise in filtering the diesel which makes new truck emit less poisonous gases.
- Easier to get financing- since new trucks are not hit by any form of depreciation, financial institutions will be more than willing to finance you than when purchasing a used truck.
Disadvantages of Buying a New Truck
The only downside of purchasing a brand new truck is that you will pay a lot more than when buying a used one.
Advantages of Buying a Used Truck
One of the major advantages of buying a used truck is that the initial owner will have absorbed the expensive depreciation that occurs within the truck’s initial years. In addition, you will also enjoy the following benefits;
- Used trucks are relatively cheap- the price of used trucks is rather low which can encourage you to step up to a more superior model.
- Lower insurance rate- the insurance cost of used trucks tend to be lower than that of a new truck, which helps you save money spent on a sticker.
Disadvantages of Buying Used Trucks
Buying a used truck may take time as you need to check the history of the car. Unless you are buying the truck from a dealer you know very well, you might consider having a mechanic check whether all parts of the truck are functioning properly before buying.