12 Dec The Importance of Your Truck Headlights
After purchasing a truck, you will need to invest more in terms of headlights and other lighting accessories. Although some of the accessories are meant just for fun, the headlights are meant to ensure you have a safe driving experience. You, therefore, need to ensure that your truck has two, properly functioning headlights.
Having less than two is a bad idea as it can fool you into thinking an oncoming vehicle in the dark is smaller or bigger than its actual size. More than two, on the other hand, can emit too much light blinding the oncoming vehicle which is more likely to cause an accident. Generally, headlights make it easy for you to see oncoming vehicles and the same time enable other drivers to see you coming. With that said, let’s look at the importance of truck lighting accessories.
Enhance Driving Visibility at Night
The first and most obvious benefit of headlights is to increase your visibility when driving at night. While the headlights that come with the truck might be enough for you, there are some drivers who suffer from night blindness or nyctalopia. The condition reduces the driver’s visibility which cannot be enhanced by many Original Manufacturer Equipment. If you experience this, you might need to upgrade your truck’s headlamps if you want to drive safely in darkness or in bad weather conditions.
Increase Safety on the Road
In addition to increasing the visibility, you can increase your safety while driving at night and in extreme weather conditions by enhancing how well others see you. You can do this by adding LED truck lighting accessories available in the market. Some of these accessories include;
- Brake lights which alert other drivers behind you that you are slowing down or stopping and hence reduce their speed.
- Corner lights are used to alert other drivers that you are taking a turn on the road ahead.
- Emergency flasher is helpful when you get into an emergency mechanical issue such as a flat tire and want to pull over.
A time may come that you want to use your truck for more than the normal activities. For instance, you may encounter another driver who wants your help in the middle of the night such as changing a tire or towing his vehicle after a mechanical breakdown. In that case, you will need lighting accessories to make the entire experience easier. In this case, you might need;
- Towing light which is placed on the rear end of the vehicle you are towing and then wired directly to your truck. This makes it easy for other drivers on the road to know in case you come to a stop.
- The spotlight is used when working in the dark. Whatever activity you may be carrying out in the dark whether it is shooting, changing a tire or fencing, turning on the spotlight provides you with enough light.
Expressing your Style
Other than safety and visibility, you can use lighting to express your style and individuality. There are different types of lightings you can use to achieve this including euro head and tail lights, tailgate tail light, and underbody neon lights.